This symposium is aimed at both medical and non-medical scientists interested in the study and application of stem cell therapy and other biotechnological advances for the prevention and treatment of cardiovascular failure. For this reason the audience comprises:
a. Preclinical researchers from all areas wishing to deepen their knowledge of cardiovascular biotechnological developments with therapeutic potential.
b. Doctors specialising in the care of patients suffering from cardiovascular diseases, and who are interested in finding out about and discussing the current state of affairs and the future prospects for the application of these new therapeutic methods.
c. Doctors involved in interventions dedicated to cardiovascular pathology and who are interested in the results and perspectives of gene vehiculization techniques, the stimulation of endogenous progenitors, cell transplant or electromechanical helps to fight cardiovascular disease.
d. Medical or no medical professionals interested in the development of units and networks aimed at the translation of cardiovascular knowledge from bench to bedside and vice versa.
e. Medical or no medical professionals interested in envisaging the opportunities for competition of biotechnology in the cardiovascular field
At the end of the conference those present will have acquired the following skills:
- Knowledge and ability to discuss the latest advances in the role of progenitor cells in the integrity of the cardiovascular system of a healthy individual.
- Knowledge and ability to discuss the latest experimental advances in the renewal and repair capacity of the damaged cardiovascular structure via the transplant of adult or embryonic stem cells or the stimulation of endogenous progenitors,.
- Know about and be able to objectively debate the current state of feasibility, safety and efficacy with regards to the clinical application of cell therapy and other new biotechnological treatments.
- Knowledge and ability to debate objectively on the efficiency of these types of treatment in patients with acute or chronic cardiovascular diseases.
- Ability to predict the possibilities of scientific and professional attitude with regards to offering these therapeutic methods.
- Ability to evaluate and decide one’s own ability to participate in the application of these therapies for healthcare, clinical, and preclinical purposes.
- Ability to identify those institutions and groups with the highest performance capabilities in these fields, and be able to establish contacts for educational, scientific, and healthcare purposes.